Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Days - Are We Hoping or Not?


Do we hope to see our school name here? With talk of 10-14 inches of snow in the area, I can't help but wonder. Is school going to be closed? Maybe, maybe not.
The take on: "I hope there is school." Graduation will be delayed!! Seniors are looking to get out!! No one wants to stay for one more lousy day, just because of a little snow. If the school does not have air conditioning, who wants to stay for one more sweltering day in the summertime? If we go, maybe we will get out early and the day will count, and we won't need a snow day. I'd rather go to school today, and go to the beach in June. My after school activities will be canceled if there is no school and I was looking forward to the game!
The take on, "Please, let it be a snow day." Thank goodness - I didn't study for my test anyway. I never did finish my homework, this will buy me some time. I hate snow. The bus stop seems really far away when you have to walk in snow. I can go sledding/snowboarding. It's too cold to get out of bed. Yes!!! I would let there be any type of bad weather - as long as I don't have to go to school!
Either way, it is the decision of administration, not students and teachers. What do you think, should we go or stay home? It is a split decision, depending on the personal interests at stake. Let's see what the snow will bring. As of right now, local schools are in session and the after school activities have yet to be canceled. Time will tell, and students will wait anxiously.

No comments:

Post a Comment