Friday, April 9, 2010

How long are you going to wait????


My husband and I are leaving for Jamaica on Sunday. I have been packed for over a week. He still has not begun packing. Yes, I admit to being a little obsessive-compulsive, but we are going to a country in which I do not know If I can buy whatever I forget.
I packed a week ago. I have already unpacked and repacked to make sure I have everything. I even pack an extra toothbrush. I am a bit neurotic. I have an entire bag dedicated to emergency medical. It has band aids, antibiotic ointment, antibiotics, pain pills, and even temporary tooth filling material. This is just some of the contents. I know it sounds crazy, but it costs about twelve dollars for a box of band aids in a gift shop, so I have them. Once, while in Mexico, my husband paid fifteen dollars for a pair of nail clippers. So, I have everything but the kitchen sink.
He, on the other hand, has nothing. Now, keep in mind, that I pack everything but his personal belongings. I have all the necessary shower items and tanning lotions, etc. . . I keep bugging him to get moving. Last night, he did look in his closet and try on a pair of khaki shorts. Go figure, they didn't fit. So now, it is Friday night, and we have a big date at Kohl's. I know he will wait until Saturday night to really pack. It just makes me crazy.
I admit, I am a little extreme, but what causes others to be so lackadaisical? Not just in packing, but in every day life. Why put off what you can do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment